A Steward assists in keeping a restaurant, bar, or lounge clean and sanitary, assists in cleaning dishes, and tends to customers' needs. The Steward may also perform basic administrative tasks, such as answering phones, taking reservations, and giving out basic information.
Job Duties - Cleaning and setting tables and placing seasonal decorations, candles, and table cloths.
- Welcoming customers, seating them, serving them water or refilling their glasses, and delivering beverages from the bartender.
- Keeping menus clean and presenting them to customers.
- Stocking wait staff serving stations with napkins, utensils, trays, and condiments, and assisting the wait staff with all aspects of service.
- Clearing tables and preparing them for the next customers.
- Assisting in cleaning and opening or closing tasks.
- Scraping food from dirty dishes, pots, pans, plates, flatware, and glasses, washing dirty dishes, and putting them away.
- Assisting with sweeping, mopping, and polishing the restaurant, bar, kitchen, and equipment.
- Transporting used linen to or from the laundry or housekeeping section.
- Assisting with unloading and storing stock.
Skills and Qualifications - A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must meet the age limit for serving alcoholic beverages.
- A friendly, polite, and courteous nature.
- Strong customer service and team working skills.
- Physical stamina to work long hours on your feet.
- The flexibility to work shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.