Groot Hospitality employs team members who demonstrate a passion for hospitality and dedication to company values and customer service. We are a diverse organization that provides the opportunity to excel in a fast-paced multicultural environment. We are always looking for passionate people who will embrace our belief of hospitality, company growth and customer experience. Our commitment to diversity, teamwork, and integrity are indicative of the service we provide to our guests. We offer career opportunities with work/life balances, as well as a rewarding career experience.
As a restaurant manager, you are the head of a dining establishment. You will provide inspiring leadership to a team of workers that can motivate them to work harder and more effectively. You will work with your team to develop strategies that reduce costs and increase sales within the company. You will ensure that patrons have a positive experience when dining in the restaurant.
The day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Hires and trains restaurant staff.
· Organizes and oversees the staff schedules.
· Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
· Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with restaurant policy.
· Oversees food preparation, ensuring compliance with health, safety, food handling, and hygiene standards.
· Ensures customer satisfaction with all aspects of the restaurant and dining experience.
· Handles customer complaints, resolving issues in a diplomatic and courteous manner.
· Ensures compliance with alcoholic beverage regulations.
· Estimates food and beverage costs.
· Manages inventory and purchases food and supplies.
· Conducts daily inspection of restaurant and equipment to ensure compliance with health, safety, food handling, and hygiene standards.
· Periodically evaluates restaurant equipment for repairs and maintenance; schedules for service.
· Collaborates with chefs to develop appetizing menus.
· Maintains sales records and tracks cash receipts.
· Prepares and submits operations reports and other documentation requested by the regional manager.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
The requirements for this position include but are not limited to:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Familiarity with food handling, safety, and other restaurant guidelines.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Previous restaurant experience required; management experience preferred.
· Successful completion of corporate training program required