Groot Hospitality employs team members who demonstrate a passion for hospitality and dedication to company values and customer service. We are a diverse organization that provides the opportunity to excel in a fast paced multicultural environment. We are always looking for passionate people who will embrace our belief of hospitality, company growth and customer experience. Our commitment to diversity, teamwork, and integrity are indicative of the service we provide to our guests. We offer career opportunities with work/life balances, as well as a rewarding career experience.
Our servers basic job function is to serve each guest to their complete satisfaction while exceeding their expectations. Servers are responsible for positive interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. Servers are expected to be attentive to guest’s needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, and relaxed at all times.
Due to the nature of our business, this position is required to work weekends and holidays.
The day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends all restaurant required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Groot hospitality standards.
- Full time availability with flexibility to work a variable schedule, including evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform.
- Follow food safety and sanitary guidelines issued by the Health Department.
- Complete assigned side-work in allocated timeframe.
- Needs to have superior food and beverage menu knowledge.
- Has complete knowledge of the floor plan, table #’s and stations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Assist in the training of new employees as required by Management.
- Greet tables within 2 minutes.
- Must explain to the guest the concept and style of dining.
- Must guide the guests on food and beverage menus.
- Make sure to keep pacing of every course up to our standards to assure fast and efficient turn over.
- Serve dishes to the correct person without auctioning off the plates, unless to be served for the table. If served to the table, be sure to have sharing silverware ready.
- Ultimately responsible for clearing, maintenance and resetting tables in a timely fashion.
- Prepare final bill for the guest, present check to the guest, accept payment, process credit card or make change (if applicable).
- Assist with polishing and restocking.
- Responsible to collect payment for every table.
- When a guest is leaving, always thank them and use their name when able to.
The requirements for this position include but are not limited to:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages, according to local state laws.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a high end fast - paced environment
- Great knowledge on spirits, wines, beers and classic cocktails
- Alcohol Awareness Certification (i.e. Serv Save, TIPs, etc..)
- Food handling certificate (Preferred)
- Level 1 Sommelier certificate a plus)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail, cleanliness and safety
- Patience and customer-oriented approach
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to be mobile for a minimum of 6 hours on your feet.
Teamwork is the cornerstone of our company philosophy. You are expected to work with other servers as a team. You are also expected to work with other barbacks, runners, hosts, server assistants, managers and all of your colleagues. During service here are some things that you can do, to help promote that teamwork.
- Communicate, with respect, to your team any pertinent information that you feel may effect the guest experience
- Communicate with management if there are any issues that you see that could effect the guests experience
- If you see that something is not in the correct place, fix it
- Basically do what needs to be done without being asked
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.