*This role has a base plus commission salary
Groot Hospitality employs team members who demonstrate a passion for hospitality and dedication to company values and customer service. We are a diverse organization that provides the opportunity to excel in a fast paced multicultural environment. We are always looking for passionate people who will embrace our belief of hospitality, company growth and customer experience. Our commitment to diversity, teamwork, and integrity are indicative of the service we provide to our guests. We offer career opportunities with work/life balances, as well as a rewarding career experience.
The position has the responsibility of ensuring pars are kept and items are in stock while taking into account new merchandise and wines that can create more bar business. This position requires educating the staff on a constant basis about wines.
Due to the nature of our business, this position is required to work weekends and holidays.
The day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure wine areas are kept clean and organized
· Ensure all wine list are clean and accurate with the least few 86 items possible
· Inventories are to be taken daily and compared to items sold to track items in the bar. If recipes are wrong it is the responsibility of this position to ensure the recipe is correct.
· Control Wine Ordering on a weekly basis
· Maintain forecasted beverage cost that has been established, alert GM if you are going over expected beverage cost
· Create a beverage inventory system and pull system
· Inventories are to be kept constant
· Attend all Pre-Meals and address a wine and wine topic
· Order wines and spirits to approved pars, bi-monthly
· Track all Orders are being inputted correctly and tracked
· On Floor Sales creating relationship and giving executive wine service
· 2 years prior experience as Sommelier or Court of Master Certificate.